When should I call the office?
If you are near your due date please call when your contractions are regular and getting progressively more painful, if you’re leaking fluid or bleeding, If you have a fever or severe nausea or vomiting and/or headache that didn’t respond to Tylenol. Please call if you’re experiencing significant decrease in fetal movements.
If you’re not pregnant and experiencing heavy vaginal bleeding.
What Medications are Safe in Pregnancy?
- Headache - Tylenol, Excedrin ( before 36 weeks)
- Heartburn- Tums, Maalox, Mylenta, Pepcid
- Constipation- dietary fiber, Colace, Dulcolax
- Nausea - ginger, Unisom 1/2 tab with Vitamin B6 every 6-8 hrs as needed
- Insomnia- Unisom, Benadryl
- Allergies- Zyrtec, Claritin, Allegra, Benadryl
- Fever - Tylenol, Tylenol cold
- Congestion- decongestants, saline nasal spray
- Sore throat- gargle with warm salt water or Cepacol lozenges
- Cough- Robitussin
- Diarrhea- Immodium, Keopectate
- Hemorrhoids - Preparation-H, Tucks